for all

for property owners

for property tenants

for property managers

Pool safety Inspectors may be researched on the Pool Safety Register – http://www.dip.qld.gov.au/pool-safety/pool-safety-register.html
Always check that the person doing your inspection is listed on the register and produces his credentials at the time of the inspection.

 Service fees will vary, however it seems the average fee starts at around $275 for a non shared pool. When selecting a pool inspector, obtain a written quote for your particular situation. Be alert to additional charges for second gates etc.

For minor repairs or minor works up to a value of $3300 inc GST the Pool Safety Inspector will provide a detailed report on what needs to be attended to and will provide appropriate solution suggestions. A follow up inspection will be required and a service fee will be payable.
For major works a licensed contractor will need to be engaged and a development application lodged with the local government authority.

Yes. If the settlement is on or after the 1st December, 2010 a Pool Safety Certificate is required or a disclosure document must be provided to the
purchasor. Your legal advisor will assist you in that regard.


Your Pool safety Inspector will provide options for solving problems caused by dividing fences.

No. It is the responsibility of the property owner. As a tenant, you should be aware that by law, the pool must have a Pool safety Certificate for any rental agreement from 1st December, 2010. Talk to your landlord or rental agency if this has not been carried out.


Yes, as soon as possible. By doing so, you avoid delays in accessing trades people to carry out repairs where necessary. Remember, you cannot re-lease a property to an existing tenant or have a new tenant move into a property without a Pool Safety Certificate.